Questions & Answers for Elgato Eve Motion Wireless Motion Sensor
4 Questions from the Community
Can I see motion if I am at work?
I am new to Apple HomeKit. I am just curious, if I am at work and some breaks into my house, will the motion detector alert me to a motion in the room? Or wit it being Bluetooth, do you have to be at home to receive alerts?
- Asked by Kassandra R from Evansville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I see motion if I am at work?)
If you have an Apple TV 4 or 4K, or a permanently at home iPad set up as a Home Hub, then you will be able to see when the sensor is triggered so long as you have internet access via the Home app.
You can also set up the sensor to send a push notification to your iPhone if nobody is at home (none of your family’s iPhones are connected to the home network or showing in location services as being at your home) and the sensor is triggered.
- Answered by David D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I see motion if I am at work?)
Does this work with Philips Hue?
Is this only for Elgato accessories?
- Asked by Corina P from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Philips Hue?)
Yes, you can trigger Hue lights or other Home Kit accessories to function or react. Once the Eve Motion is setup on your network, you can then setup automations in the Eve app, or in the Home app under Automation. You do need an Apple TV 4th gen or a stationary (basically dedicated) iPad for automation to work.
- Answered by Zacharia L from Atascadero
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with Philips Hue?)