Questions & Answers for Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - English (USA)
348 Questions + 509 Answers
348 Questions from the Community
are the keys bigger on the wired numeric keyboard
My husband has large hands and the small wireless keyboard that came with my new iMac is difficult for him to type on.
- Asked by Vivian Z from Taylor
- Flag as inappropriate (are the keys bigger on the wired numeric keyboard)
The wired keyboard is full-size keyboard. We own one and I love it, but my husband can attest that his manly fingers type comfortably on the low-profile board. This keyboard is aluminum with white, flat keys that don't click when typing, and has two built-in USB ports, one on each side of this tres chic, classy peripheral.
- Answered by Diana W from Arleta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (are the keys bigger on the wired numeric keyboard)
Yes, but if you have an older mac with usb 1.1 ports you can only use the ports for a mouse.
YES ! I've used my Apple keyboard on Windows 7, Windows 8, and both my Mac and Windows computers connected through a KVM switch. The Windows Key is the Command Key on the Apple keyboard. No special drivers are needed. The lower row of keys is just slightly out order for Windows, from left, the Control Key is first then the Alt Key, then the Windows (Command) key. It's easy to get used to. I like the back edge of my keyboard to be a little higher so I taped some 1/2 inch pvc pipe under the top edge of the Apple key board and I have the perfect tilt for me. I also fail to hit the space bar hard enough to get a space sometimes, so I cut a strip from a neoprene mouse pad, glued it to the space bar, and I get a space every time.
- Answered by Allin D from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (It is possible to use this keyboard on PC with Windows 7?)
How can i buy this keyboard in the korean version part no. MB110KH/A
- Asked by John M from Texarkana
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i buy this keyboard in the korean version part no. MB110KH/A)
Can I use this with my macbook pro
- Asked by Vickie-jean N from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with my macbook pro)
Yes. The keyboard connects with a USB 2.0 cable, and all Macbooks and Macbook Pros come with two of these ports.
- Answered by Anthony T from Folsom
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this with my macbook pro)
iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard
Apple wireless keyboard M9270LL/A
Is this keyboard compatible with iPad 2.
- Asked by Gloria J K from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard)
This is a wired keyboard that needs to be plugged into the USB port on a Mac, and is not officially supported on an iPad. I have heard stories of people getting wired keyboards to work through the USB port on the iPad Camera Connection Kit, but I wouldn't recommend it.
If you want a keyboard for your iPad, get the Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard instead. It's smaller, and with the Incase Origami case, it makes an excellent portable keyboard companion for your iPad.
- Answered by Jonathan S from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard)
I damaged the keyboard on my MacBook by spilling coffee on it, although the track pad still works. Can this keyboard be used to access the computer?
- Asked by Margaret W from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (I damaged the keyboard on my MacBook by spilling coffee on it, although the track pad still works. Can this keyboard be used to access the computer?)
Assuming USB is working on your MacBook, yes.
(The next fallback is bluetooth.)
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I damaged the keyboard on my MacBook by spilling coffee on it, although the track pad still works. Can this keyboard be used to access the computer?)
does this keyboard work with Yosemite
- Asked by Carol L from Jamestown
- Flag as inappropriate (does this keyboard work with Yosemite)
Yes, it works fine with Yosemite
- Answered by Colin H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this keyboard work with Yosemite)
I have personally never seen one of these before, and certainly not by Apple. You may be able to purchase the smaller version of this keyboard and try to find a third-party retailer to get you a stand alone number pad to put on the left side, but Apple doesn't guarantee that these models work with their computers, so it may be hard to find one that you can use.
- Answered by Eric L from Sparks
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Left handed version?)
i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.
7,U,j,&M keys are not working. I need to startup my powerpc using the keyboard. The one I am using now does not work. Any suggestions on where i may find at least a compatible one. Also i need a good reference on purchasing a hard drive. My Boot Volume(MAC HD) went out so i some how kept keep my computer running on administrator root acct for about 3 years now on a different drive, i think it's getting ready to go.Well i just ordered a complete os x 10.4 tiger install disk and a new battery(for motherboad). I hope all this fixes the issues i have been dealing with. Any suggestions would be apprecieated. Can't get it to boot up now
- Asked by Laura J from Lake Elsinore
- Flag as inappropriate (i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.)
where is insert key on the keyboard
- Asked by Bud W from Davidsonville
- Flag as inappropriate (where is insert key on the keyboard)
As you know, the keyboard has a short cord attached to it - this has an end that is incompatible with a standard USB port. However, there is a "short" extension included in the box, which does have a standard usb connector on it.
This connector can be connected to any USB extension, as long as the total length of all the cables doesn't exceed the maximum recommended length of a USB cable to an unpowered device/hub. Range can be extended further by adding powered hubs/repeaters to the cable.
Almost any electronics store/computer store should have the proper extension cable. One end will be a Male "A" type, the other a Female "A".
- Answered by Roger W from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have the keyboard with numeric keypad. Is there an extension cord for this product?)
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
The keyboard USB ports ARE full powered DEPENDING on your mac. My Intel iMac gives full powered USB ports, but my wife's 12" G4 P-book only produces enough power to run a mouse and a some USB memory sticks.
This is sweet, you can plug a mouse into one side and keep the other one for easy access like USB memory, iPhone, card reader, etc... For even more ports, get a bluetooth mouse but keep the corded keyboard and you get 2 USB ports!
I believe that all the new intel Macs produce full powered USB ports, even the laptops, but you might want to double check on that.
As for the function buttons, they might work in Windows, but I haven't checked (my cheapie MS keyboard makes the F keys work, but not the multimedia keys -note: UNPLUG the keyboard before wiping it down!!).
- Answered by Christian K from Cranbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?)
Can I charge my IPhone using the keyboards usb 2.0 port ?
- Asked by Terry F from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my IPhone using the keyboards usb 2.0 port ?)
No, unfortunately the two USB ports are unpowered - They'll work connecting a camera or printer, or anything else that doesn't need power, but cannot charge the iPhone.
- Answered by Adam S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I charge my IPhone using the keyboards usb 2.0 port ?)
Put the + end (nub contact) of both batteries into the tube first. The - (flat contact) will be directly under the cap.
- Answered by Charles E from Evans
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (position of batteries ?)
I have a 2015 Macbook Pro 13in Retina running Parallels. Is it possible to use the keyboard for both OS and Parallels?
- Asked by Mara L from Maplewood
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2015 Macbook Pro 13in Retina running Parallels. Is it possible to use the keyboard for both OS and Parallels?)
no, it is a usb output so it will not work. However, you can get a wireless keyboard and attach a number pad. Look up "Apple Wireless Keyboard attach number pad"
- Answered by Joan E from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i you this for ipad3)
Can i use my wireless keyboard with numeric pad from my imac g5 with the new 27 inch imac i7
A wireless keyboard with a numeric number pad is ideal for the cad work I carry out.
- Asked by Michael R from Braunton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my wireless keyboard with numeric pad from my imac g5 with the new 27 inch imac i7)