Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
Yes, a KVM switch allows you to use the same keyboard, mouse and monitor for multiple computers. I have used the 4way IOGEAR KVM for years, and it's great (looks like a thinner mac mini) for my Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and Dell Latitude and switch between. When I want to watch CSI on the MacMini and also work on the Dell, I use Remote Desktop to put the dell screen on part of my 24" Acer monitor, same for the MBP, using CVNC (Chicken of the VNC). Bang, there, you go! Note - You may only have two now - but get the 4 way, in case you have a "visitor" or want to add another.
BTW: my gear= IOGEAR 4 way KVM GCS634U, Apple kbd, Acer 24" monitor, Logitech two button scroll mouse. The Mac Mini and the Dell do a great job of auto recognising the kvm monitor. The MacBook Pro does not, and needs to have a prefs visit to "detect displays" on every boot.
Hope this helps -
- Answered by John G from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
As long as it uses standard DVI or VGA inputs you should be able to do it. Depending on the model you might need an adapter or dongle.
- Answered by Cyrus A from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does mini work with dell monitor)
You need an Apple DVI to ADC adapter.
- Answered by John H from Yorba Linda
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Connect to ADC Display)
Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?
I have the 29EA93-P (LG 29" Ultra-wide screen IPS monitor) and I cannot seem to get the max resolution (2560x1080) with any of the necessary cables. Will this product solve that problem?
- Asked by Julie C from Belrose
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)
SwitchResX app solved this problem for me.
- Answered by Grzegorz G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)