Questions & Answers for Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
45 Questions from the Community
The Folding Pin Adapter will charge an iPhone 5 in numerous countries, with the UK being one of them.
You can find out all of the countries that it works in on the Product Description.
- Answered by Ben S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the fold down pin adapter charge an iPhone 5 in uk)
can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product
- Asked by Bill H from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
Bill. The answer is "not really". Though the output from an iPhone charger is 5VDc, it can only give 5 Watts power. Voltage and power are different things. You may be using 5VDc, but if your device needs more than 5 Watts, then one of two things may happen.
1. Your device may not work, or work at a reduced capacity. E.g. a light would not be as bright as expected.
2. You will cause a larger power draw than the iPhone charger can handle and may either cause the charger to fail, or worst case a fire.
Please get the correct item charger for your device or go into somewhere like Maplin, with your device and they will keep you right.
- Answered by Raymond S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
Yes, this can charge your iPod. The compatibility list also shows this.
- Answered by David R from Bend
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (My iphone AC Adaptor model is, A 1265. Can I use my iphone AC Adaptor to charge my 16 GB ipod Touch?)
For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?
- Asked by David Henry O from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?)
- Asked about: iPhone
As long as the adapter says it is Apple certified, it will charge your iPhone safely. There is an excellent car charger on this site that will charge all iOS devices.
- Answered by Thomas P from Windsor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?)