Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
291 Questions from the Community
Do I have to be on wifi or have hotspot for the cable to work
- Asked by Shaun S from Lanham
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to be on wifi or have hotspot for the cable to work)
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?
With the Lightning Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable, is it possible to connect an iPad mini to a DSLR and use the iPad to see what is in the camera viewfinder or LCD screen?
I don't want to be able to control the camera, just see the viewfinder/LCD screen.
I assume an app would also be needed on the iPad.
- Asked by Alex J from Balaclava
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?)
Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?
Can the lightning digital AV adaptor be used to extract digital sound from the Ipod 5? I would like to play back through my DAC and Integrated amplifier. Input to the DAC is USB B. So can I use a HDMI to USB converter to play digital music out from the Ipod 5? Using the lighning to 30pin adaptor does not work.
- Asked by Jeff S from Clarington
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.Best Answer:
It is up to the app publisher to include support for video-out. For instance, I had attempted to stream HBO2GO to my AppleTV, only to find out it would pass audio but not video. HBO issued an update for the app just today allowing the video out (for both Airplay and AV ou,t like this product) to work from the app.
- Answered by Mark H from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
Does this adapter work with MHL compatible TVs? Also does the power pass through of those TVs work directly through it?
- Asked by James M from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with MHL compatible TVs? Also does the power pass through of those TVs work directly through it?)