Questions & Answers for AirPort Extreme
534 Questions from the Community
I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?
4K TV is not loading very fast - any thoughts?
- Asked by Stephen S from Rancho Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?)
No answers yet
how to bridge airport express with airport extreme
- Asked by Eric B from Seneca
- Flag as inappropriate (how to bridge airport express with airport extreme)
what does the amber light vs the green light on the router mean?
It's been suggested that it means the router has an update. If that's correct, how do I get the update?
- Asked by William B from Amherst
- Flag as inappropriate (what does the amber light vs the green light on the router mean?)
what does adding a hard drive do to the air port extreme
I would like to add a hard drive to the air port extreme and like to know what will that do
- Asked by James R from Amarillo
- Flag as inappropriate (what does adding a hard drive do to the air port extreme)
It will make it (the hard drive) accessible by any computer in your house, a solution if you want to have a centralized location for backups and/or storage (i.e. music, videos, pictures, etc.) - I'd still recommend backing up your external drive thou.
- Answered by Jaime A from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what does adding a hard drive do to the air port extreme)
I have an old iMac OS 10.5 that I'm using in Wifi mode - not connected to a modem. I understand fully that Airport extreme requires OS 10.7.5 and Airport Utility 6.3 or IOS 6 and above. I have no desire to double upgrade the iMac. Could I set up and administer the Airport Extreme from an IOS 7 device and continue to connect my iMac through Wifi? Thanks
- Asked by Paul J from Elko
- Flag as inappropriate (Leopard Compatible?)
can the airPort extremr work in lebanon ??
In lebanon the enternet is limited in speed and quantity so I want to know if the airPort extreme work in lebanon ?
- Asked by Nour J from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (can the airPort extremr work in lebanon ??)
Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Cale D from Waterloo
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
will this use the same ip range as my modem as my modem is plugged into a 48 port gigabit switch and i bought this to add to my switch
i want to make sure that all my wireless devices are all using the same ip range
- Asked by Stephen I from Birmingham
- Flag as inappropriate (will this use the same ip range as my modem as my modem is plugged into a 48 port gigabit switch and i bought this to add to my switch)
What is the operating temperature range?
- Asked by Loc L from Mount Juliet
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the operating temperature range?)
Does the Airport Extreme and/or Time Capsule support vlan tagging for either of the two networks (wireless/guest)?
It seems the guest network only allows access out through the WAN interface? or can it be set to utilize a guest vlan allowing a separate router to determine what access wireless guest devices may have.
How about multiple ssid support?
- Asked by Daniel C from Evanston
- Flag as inappropriate (vlan tagging)
As far as multiple ssid support, there is one ssid for the guest network & one ssid for the primary network.
The guest network is completely disparate from the primary network, with no vlan tagging support within the controlling software for either network.
I know it's not a happy answer, but it answers your question.
- Answered by Norman L from Richardson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (vlan tagging)
is there a monthly subscription
- Asked by Martin B
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a monthly subscription)
No, not outside your monthly internet bill. If you have a Mac the APE takes literally 5 mins to instal.
- Answered by Shane R from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a monthly subscription)
Can usb speakers be connected to this device?
- Asked by Jack D from Waianae
- Flag as inappropriate (Can usb speakers be connected to this device?)
Can this replace my current cisco router?
- Asked by Clayton M from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this replace my current cisco router?)
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, extend from there to another room i.e. my Office and then use a time capsule
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, so I can use this downstairs for wifi and then run ethernet cable form it upstairs to my Office and then connect it to a time capsule or Airport extreme.
If this is a good way to do it what would be the best modem? UK on virgin broadband NOT cable :(
OR is there a better way??????
No answers yet
does the airport extreme supports upnp? required by my camera system
or how to forward the HTTP, RTSP and the server port?
- Asked by Moises M from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme supports upnp? required by my camera system)
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
I need to replace my old AirPort Extreme but still use Snow Leopard on my MacBook.
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
AE setting up a new network vs extending an existing network is new better? Looking to boost Wifi in low signal places in the house & outside.
I have a 6 mg internet connection with CenturyLink using a Zytel PK-5001Z modem. I have 100 ft ethernet cables ran from modem to ethernet switches TE100-S5 TRENDnet fast ethernet switch to iMacs, Apple Tv's & Roku box through out the house. Of course the iPad's & iPhones use wifi. Wifi strength varies of course depending where in the house you are which is very annoying. We just got Wifi calling with Sprint & if 1 iPhone is using wifi calling you can't stream or down;road anything or the wifi call just becomes impossible to continue. That makes no since because at most per Sprint documentation at most it should use 1mg only 1/6 th of my bandwidth. I totally don't understand adding the AE to an existing network means bridging & other settings I don't feel comfortable with. But if I add a new network it would be for the wifi devices like iPads & iPhones correct. the existing network SSID CenturyLink 8851 would be for all the ethernet connected stuff right? 1 SSID for ethernet thing & SSID AE for all devices Wifi right? CenturyLink has advised me that they will not help with CPE equipment & they know nothing about (is that not insane or what?) with the great community of all of us i hope not to need Apple Supports help.
Since the Modem is in the kitchen kinda of close to a Microwave user manual says 25 ft away I'm going to run a 50ft ethernet cable from back of the modem to the AE in the family room into the Wan Port right? Very excited about the AE because it will be the perfect place to connect the Hue Lights bridge. just waiting on HomeKit & WWDC. And being able to not using Wemo switches. So do I have this right? Have I figured it out correctly? Look forward to your feedback.
No answers yet
is the warranty on airport extreme country specific
Can I purchase an airport extreme from abroad as you get refurbished ones there, and will the warranty still hold good in India.
- Asked by Javid N
- Flag as inappropriate (is the warranty on airport extreme country specific)