Questions & Answers for USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
214 Questions from the Community
Can I connect with this device Macbook air with TV using a HDMI cable?
- Asked by Dan I from Bucharest
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect with this device Macbook air with TV using a HDMI cable?)
will this adapter work with keynote and allow presenter displays?
- Asked by Stephen P from Barrington
- Flag as inappropriate (will this adapter work with keynote and allow presenter displays?)
Can this hdmi extend in addition to mirroring?
The description here only says it can mirror. Most other hdmi adaptors from apple says it can both mirror and extend to the external display. Does it mean this adaptor can only mirror and not extend to an ext display?
- Asked by Brian H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this hdmi extend in addition to mirroring?)
can this cable be chained to connect more than one USB gadget?
- Asked by Alexandro M from Xalapa
- Flag as inappropriate (can this cable be chained to connect more than one USB gadget?)
Can I hook up a PlayStation 3 using the HDMI connection?
- Asked by Daniel S from Lisbon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook up a PlayStation 3 using the HDMI connection?)
Currently, you can't. Which is sort of weird. My wife uses the Apple 27" LED cinema display (the one with a mini display port connection, not the Thunderbolt version) with a 11" macbook air and it works great - she needs the large screen for working at home, but also the lightness and portability of the small laptop for on-the-go use. We were hoping to upgrade to the new 12" macbook. It's a great machine (road tested one at the Apple Store in SoHo) in almost every respect...even lighter than her 11" Air, bigger screen, sufficiently powerful. But until she can connect it to her 27" display, no sale. Hopefully Apple or someone else releases an adapter soon (USB C to Mini display port). Far as I know there's no technical reason why such an adaptor couldn't be produced.
- Answered by Euan R from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect a cinema display to the new macbook?)
External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor
I recently bought an external CD drive. It works great on other computers, but due to the multiport adaptor it does not seem to have enough power. How do I connect it? Is there another connecter I need to buy?
- Asked by Kathleen M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor)
Do the new Macbooks come WITH the USB-C adapter cable?
Selling the new MacBook WITHOUT the USB-C adapter cable would be VERY poor marketing IMO.
SO... does the new MacBook come WITH the USB-C adapter cable or not?
ALSO - is it possible to charge the computer AND use USB at the same time?
- Asked by Gregory H from Scotts Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the new Macbooks come WITH the USB-C adapter cable?)