Questions & Answers for Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter
84 Questions from the Community
Will this allow a stereo input from an external stereo mic such as the Rode Stereo Videomic Pro which comes with 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output?Best Answer:
Well, I bought one and tried it. The answer is no.
I've read that this device has an inbuilt 24/96 DAC, then I've read it doesn't. Does anyone know the truth? Thanks.
Yes, it will.
- Answered by Joel T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter work with the iPhone XS)
Headphones without microphones built in would let me use the iphones own mic previously. Is that the same with the adapter?
My headphones do NOT have a microphone.
When my old iPhone with a headphone jack had these headphones plugged in, I could hear the audio of a phone call in the headphones and use the microphone in the phone itself for people to hear me.
Will this adapter work the same way or will it disable the phone’s microphone?
- Asked by Nathan W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Headphones without microphones built in would let me use the iphones own mic previously. Is that the same with the adapter?)
If I have a 3.5 mm plug on my device, can I use that for mic input and use this for headphone output?
In particular, I have a nice mic input that has cross-talk with the headphones. That goes away if I use Bluetooth headphones but they add latency. If I could send the signal out through this, I think I'd be all set.
- Asked by Benjamin F from Harvard
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a 3.5 mm plug on my device, can I use that for mic input and use this for headphone output?)
I couldn't get the mic to work at all using the lightning port adapter with several different pairs of 3.5 mm headphones. So I'm 99% sure this wouldn't work. Sorry1 :(
- Answered by Jason L from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If I have a 3.5 mm plug on my device, can I use that for mic input and use this for headphone output?)
I have verified that the Square Point of Sale app recognizes the square reader (that connects to an audio jack) when it is connected through this adaptor, and card swipes will work.
- Answered by Mac S from Lehi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this support card readers for those that use their phones for sales?)
Can I use this adapter with traditional headphones at the same time as using bluetooth headphones?
This would allow two people to watch the same thing using headphones. It would be perfect for watching movies during a flight.
- Asked by Adam K from Littleton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with traditional headphones at the same time as using bluetooth headphones?)
how are you supposed to use this and charge your phone at the same time if you're going on a long drive and want to listen to music through an aux?Answer
Simple, you can't.
Yes the adapter comes with a 1 year malfunction or imperfection warranty
- Answered by Victor F from Hosuton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the adapter comes with any warranty if you purchase it separately?)
Will the microphone on my headphones work with this product?
- Asked by Charlesantoine F from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the microphone on my headphones work with this product?)
Yes, it supports microphone, volume up/down, start-stop buttons.
- Answered by John K from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the microphone on my headphones work with this product?)
Will this work with third party headphones?
Just bought an iPhone 8 and using aftermarket adapters, none of my headphones will work.
No sound, no mic, etc.
The included Lightning headphones do work, but they aren't great for me when I run, hike, etc.
- Asked by William B from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with third party headphones?)
IS the headphone jack adapter made by apple or a off brand dealer?
- Asked by Janette M from Live Oak
- Flag as inappropriate (IS the headphone jack adapter made by apple or a off brand dealer?)
Is the adapter sweat and weather resistant. I use Bose Soundsport headphones that work fine during a workout or when I'm out in the rain. Will this adapter do the same or will sweat/light rain cause ruin it?
- Asked by Andrew D
- Flag as inappropriate (Sweat/Weather resistant?)
I have a pair of Beoplay H6 and I’m planning to get an iPhone X. Does it work with Beoplay cord?
- Asked by Chee Cherng W from Kuala Lumpur
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a pair of Beoplay H6 and I’m planning to get an iPhone X. Does it work with Beoplay cord?)
Is there audio quality loss with this adaptor?
I've noticed a weird noise/static when I have this adaptor plugged into the aux cable in my car. When a track gets quiet I hear a weird sound, like rewinding a tape/static that then goes away when I fidget/touch the adaptor (It is a very soft sound). If I unplug my iphone7 and put the aux straight into my iPhone 6 the noise goes away. The iPhone 7/adaptor is brand new (2 days). I don't necessarily notice a loss in audio quality (I'm a musician, have a pretty good ear for this kinda stuff) but has anyone else noticed this static (it's a different static from when the aux isn't fully plugged in)? The speakers in my car are very high quality and had never had this problem when playing music before. Maybe I got a bum adaptor?
- Asked by Curtis S from La Canada
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there audio quality loss with this adaptor?)
I tried to post this exact question today but Apple Discussions wouldn't let me. I'm responding to this question to hopefully generate traffic to this post lol so we can find a solution. I just upgraded from a 6 Plus to a 7 Plus. I drive a '08 Honda Civic and it has an aux jack. It was working fine until I got the 7 Plus. I snapped on the included adapter that came with the new phone to my aux cable in the car and I am hearing the same static-like feedback you're talking about. I heard that it has something to do with the iPhone thinking that you're trying to charge it. Hopefully someone with this knowledge can help. Maybe there is an aux/fm audio transmitter we could buy to fix the music quality?
- Answered by Thomas V from Gulf Breeze
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there audio quality loss with this adaptor?)
compatible with older devices?
just at curiosity, will these work on an iphone 6s plus or under?
- Asked by Pablo D from Forest Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (compatible with older devices?)