AppleCare+ for iPod touch
AppleCare+ for iPod touch
Every iPod comes with a one-year limited warranty and 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. AppleCare+ for iPod extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPod and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a HK$228 service fee. (1)
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
Or buy it within 60 days of your iPod purchase:
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
- At an Apple Store (if AppleCare+ is purchased separately from iPod, inspection of iPod and proof of purchase are required.)
- By calling 2112-0099 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs iPod and iOS, you get a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage (3)
- Carry-in repair: Take your iPod to an Apple Store and other Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Use with a Mac or PC
Apple Hardware Coverage
AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPod
- Battery (1)
- Included earphones and USB cable
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPod, each subject to a HK$ 228 service fee (1)
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud for iPod touch
- Syncing with iTunes
- Downloading video and podcasts from the iTunes Store
- HD video recording and FaceTime for iPod touch
- Connecting iPod touch to Wi-Fi networks
- Using Apple-branded iPod touch apps
See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.
- (1) Service coverage is available only for iPod and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship, (ii) batteries that retain less than 80 percent of their original capacity, and (iii) up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPod, each incident being subject to a HK$ 228 service fee. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.
- (2) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
- (3) Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. In Hong Kong, Apple Asia Limited (“Apple”) is the obligor in relation to all obligations under this Plan apart from the Accidental Damage from Handling coverage. For the Accidental Damage from Handling coverage, AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited (AIG HK) is the insurer under this Plan pursuant to a master agreement between Apple and AIG HK, under which such coverage is included as part of the Plan. Apple purchases this coverage from AIG HK as counterparty to the master agreement. Apple is not a licensed insurance agent and does not provide any advice in relation to the insurance coverage provided by AIG HK under the Plan. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPod. For complete details, see terms.