do AirPods work with original iPad
- Asked by fn from Slovan
- Flag as inappropriate (do AirPods work with original iPad)
- Asked about: AirPods
5 Answers from the Community
Yes, I was able to use my Airpods with my old iPad (now running ios 9.3.5). I first set them up with my iPhone 6 using the directions supplied with the Airpods, but I'm not sure if this needs to be done first. Open the lid and with the pods in the case, press the almost invisible button on the back of the case until the light shows white. They should then show up in the list of bluetooth devices in Settings on the iPad and you can choose them like any other bluetooth device. The automatic pause feature (pause when removing from ear) doesn't seem to work with the old iPad.
- Answered by Paul H from Ashburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes they do work. Go to your bluetooth tab in your ipad and keep the button on the back of your airpods case until white and keep pressing. The airpods should appear in the list just select and off you go.
- Answered by Nicolas W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Great question! I haven't fired that one up for over 6-months. Since the AirPods are Bluetooth and work with many other devices, they should be backwards compatible with the older Bluetooth protocols of the iPad (1st gen). I will confidently say they will work for playing music and the audio interfaces, but maybe without the advanced functionality of the on-screen notifications, Siri double-tap compatibility and battery monitoring. I will test it out once I fire-up my iPad (1st Gen)!
- Answered by Eric P from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No they will not work. They require iOS 10 to function and I believe iOS 8 was the last update for the original iPad
- Answered by Steven S from Saint Charles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
- Answered by Paul T from Brighton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad
- Asked by Patricia D from Philadelphia
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
What apps on the original iPad support the Digital AV adapter?
- Asked by Larry N from Laguna Beach
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps on the original iPad support the Digital AV adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Is there a warranty or anything for the Apple Airpods?
- Asked by Andrew L from Tenafly
- Oct 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a warranty or anything for the Apple Airpods?)
- Asked about: AirPods