do AirPods work with original iPad
- Asked by Adelmo R from Slovan
- Flag as inappropriate (do AirPods work with original iPad)
- Asked about: AirPods
5 Answers from the Community
Yes, I was able to use my Airpods with my old iPad (now running ios 9.3.5). I first set them up with my iPhone 6 using the directions supplied with the Airpods, but I'm not sure if this needs to be done first. Open the lid and with the pods in the case, press the almost invisible button on the back of the case until the light shows white. They should then show up in the list of bluetooth devices in Settings on the iPad and you can choose them like any other bluetooth device. The automatic pause feature (pause when removing from ear) doesn't seem to work with the old iPad.
- Answered by Paul H from Ashburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes they do work. Go to your bluetooth tab in your ipad and keep the button on the back of your airpods case until white and keep pressing. The airpods should appear in the list just select and off you go.
- Answered by Nicolas W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Great question! I haven't fired that one up for over 6-months. Since the AirPods are Bluetooth and work with many other devices, they should be backwards compatible with the older Bluetooth protocols of the iPad (1st gen). I will confidently say they will work for playing music and the audio interfaces, but maybe without the advanced functionality of the on-screen notifications, Siri double-tap compatibility and battery monitoring. I will test it out once I fire-up my iPad (1st Gen)!
- Answered by Eric P from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No they will not work. They require iOS 10 to function and I believe iOS 8 was the last update for the original iPad
- Answered by Steven S from Saint Charles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
- Answered by Paul T from Brighton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
will this work with ipad 4?
- Asked by Robert L from Sacramento
- May 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with ipad 4?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Will this work with an iPad Air?
- Asked by Gary B from Calgary
- Mar 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Smart Cover for 9.7-inch iPad Pro -…
Will this work on an IPad mini?
- Asked by Colleen H from Yorktown
- Nov 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on an IPad mini?)
- Asked about: GoPro 3-Way Mount
No answers yet