Will it stand vertically (obviously it won't charge if it does)?
I was just wondering if it would be able stand up the iPad vertically (obvisouly it won't charge because of the smart connector being on the horizontal side)
- Asked by Todd J from Apple Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it stand vertically (obviously it won't charge if it does)?)
- Asked about: Logi BASE Charging Stand with Smart…
2 Answers from the Community
I use the silicone case on my iPad Pro, and it does stand vertically. But, because of the case and because the magnets don't engage in the vertical position, it's not as secure and can slip off the stand if bumped.
- Answered by Walter R from Longwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes and no. If there is no case on the iPad, then it is fairly stable in the vertical position with the edge of the iPad in the slot. However, because there is no magnetic attraction in this position, it is less stable than in landscape orientation and it is possible (although not easy) to dislodge it with a firm push.
If there's a case on the iPad, then all bets are off. For example, with my Logi keyboard case on my 10" iPad Pro, it barely holds onto the slot in portrait orientation because the bulkier case is what rests in the slot. It is not stable this way and I never put it in that position for fear of it falling.
- Answered by Richard O from Wexford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional)
- Asked by Johan R from Austin
- Feb 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional))
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
how do I get the iPad to stand up
- Asked by Larry L from Minneapolis
- Jul 22, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I get the iPad to stand up)
No answers yet
Does this case come with a stand?
- Asked by Carmen C from Saint Petersburg
- Feb 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case come with a stand?)
- Asked about: OtterBox Statement Series Case for …
No answers yet