Apple USB dock cable that has release buttons on sides?
One of the three Apple USB cables I have has this feature and I prefer it, it is a little bigger on the iPhone's end and has bottons on the side to release and be able to disconnect.
(Looks made by Apple)
Don't remember where I got it but seems all the current ones don't have this, they're smaller and just pull which makes it harder..
- Asked by Roberto C from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple USB dock cable that has release buttons on sides?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
2 Answers from the Community
That's Apple's older model. They don't make those anymore.
- Answered by Tyler W from Springville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Man, that’s old school! I still have one (I’m literally using it right now to charge the iPad I’m using to type this answer), but I think I got it when I bought my iPod Mini [gen 1]. They haven’t made 30-pin cables with release clips like that since about 2006-ish. Basically it died alongside FireWire, and that’s saying something :)! But yes, to answer your question, it was in fact made by Apple, and you probably got it from buying an original iPod product. I too prefer the release clips, and still use that one cable to charge all my 30-pin devices (including the iPod Mini I got in ‘04 that I still use daily). I’d love to know how you got it, and what kind of device you bought that it came with. I’m trying to find to find more of these cables, but they’re REALLY difficult to get. Apple didn’t make many of them to begin with, and I assume most of them got thrown out or broken about 10 years ago or so, given the age of them. I hope that cleared it up, and hope to hear back from you! :)
- Answered by Joshua L from Medina
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
i want to mirror my iphone 4s onto the tv, i purchased hdmi cable and 30 pin / usb dock cable but nothing happens. do the cables need to be apple
- Asked by Tony B
- Dec 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (i want to mirror my iphone 4s onto the tv, i purchased hdmi cable and 30 pin / usb dock cable but nothing happens. do the cables need to be apple)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
How long is the Lightning to USB cable that comes with the watch dock?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Portland
- Mar 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the Lightning to USB cable that comes with the watch dock?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Will it work with third party lightning cables
- Asked by Ben G from Birmingham
- Jan 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with third party lightning cables)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet