Will charging my Macbook Pro Touch-Bar 2017 (13”) with this damage the battery?
So i bought this product to charge my Macbook Pro 2017, however, in the store the stuff warned me that charging with this powerbank can damage my battery permanently. They said that the charge is slow and that Macbook needs at least 61 watt to charge properly, while this powerbank output is only 30 watt. So the question remains, can i use this powerbank safely even though the charge will be slow?
- Asked by Who M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will charging my Macbook Pro Touch-Bar 2017 (13”) with this damage the battery?)
- Asked about: mophie powerstation USB-C XXL Unive…
2 Answers from the Community
I have been using this powerbank to charge my MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar for more about nine months and my MacBook battery condition is 'normal'...since it's 30w and the MacBook charger is 61w, if you're streaming video, it might not charge or it may just maintain charge because the drain on the battery exceeds the charge it is receiving...if I lower the screen brightness slightly, the battery charges...the below is from Apple's website for the mophie powerstation USB-C XXL
"The mophie powerstation USB-C XXL high-capacity universal battery delivers enough power to charge your USB-C MacBook Pro as well as your iPhone and iPad. This advanced 19,500mAh battery provides rapid charging rates up to 30W, so you can fast charge two power-hungry devices at once".
- Answered by Craig S from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I wouldn’t recommend charging your Macbook Pro if your Macbook Pro needs at least 61W.
The Mophie XXL is 30W, so if you charge your 61W device with it, it will damage your battery life long term.
- Answered by Timothy L from Davie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there any hard shell available for macbook pro 13" touch bar?
- Asked by Maria H from Malaga
- Nov 15, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is there any hard shell available for macbook pro 13" touch bar?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…
Macbook 12-inch or MacBook Pro 13-inch (Without Touch Bar) for a year 12 student and, in the future, a university student?
- Asked by Melisa D from Sydney
- Apr 26, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook 12-inch or MacBook Pro 13-inch (Without Touch Bar) for a year 12 student and, in the future, a university student?)
How much memory can I add to my Macbook Pro (13" 2017)? THANKS!
- Asked by Margaret C. F from Northridge
- Aug 14, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How much memory can I add to my Macbook Pro (13" 2017)? THANKS!)