2006 macbook 10.5.8 can i upgrade with external USB DRIVE
I have an older model macbook 1.1 2006 runnig 10.5.8 dou memory. Would like to add an external USB drive? Is this posible or what is recommended?
- Asked by fn from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate (2006 macbook 10.5.8 can i upgrade with external USB DRIVE)
3 Answers from the Community
You can purchase and use an external hard drive to use with your MacBook, either with a USB or FireWire connector.
- Answered by Brandon A from Achilles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your mac must meet the following specifications to be able to upgrade to OS X Lion (10.7)
An Intel Core 2 Duo, i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor
Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
7 GB free hard drive space 2 GB RAM
If you computer meets the above hardware requirements (system processor, HDD Space, and installed ram) but has not been Upgraded/Updated to OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.6 or later).
1) Again Hardware Requirements must be met.
2) Purchase the Upgrade to OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and install the updates to bring the OS to 10.6.6 or later.
3) Now you system is able to go to the Mac App Store to purchase the OS X Lion Upgrade.
As far as a USB Drive, you should be able to temporarily run the OS from a external HDD, SSD (over time) are not stable on external connections.
You should go to the Apple store, as Snow Leopard was not sold through the App Store and Leopard is a download. They may be in a better position to assist you and resolve your concerns at the same time. Set an appointment to see them (so you can make the most of your time.) best of luck.
- Answered by Jim- T from Oakland Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Steven P from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8
- Asked by Pamela F from Lawrenceville
- Feb 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?
- Asked by Ls B from Berrien Springs
- Mar 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can it support a USB splitter?
- Asked by Richard H
- Mar 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it support a USB splitter?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet