I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os
what is the newest os i can upgrade to, are there any intermediate OS versions i need to use as steeping stones?
spec for my Machine;
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK61000TU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB84ECAB
1 Answer from the Community
Best way to find out is to check your system at:
every mac dot com
They will tell you the maximum OS you can run.
In general as long as you are running a fully updated version of Snow Leopard you can go directly to any higher OS.
No stepping stones needed.
If this is your system - you are at the maximum OS supported by Apple.
- Answered by Stephen P from Warwick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card to any other model?
- Asked by Sergi C from Valencia
- Jul 13, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card to any other model?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
I have a 2006 13" Macbook (2Ghz Intel Core Duo/60 GB Memory/1GB RAM/Snow Leopard 10.6.8) My optical drive has died is this a compatible replacement?
- Asked by Matt C
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2006 13" Macbook (2Ghz Intel Core Duo/60 GB Memory/1GB RAM/Snow Leopard 10.6.8) My optical drive has died is this a compatible replacement?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive