What is the upgrade I need for my IMAC which already was upgraded to snow leopard OSX 10.6.8? I was guessing that OSX Lion would be good,which one?
I've been told that i could go as high as Maverick, even Yosemite--given much conflicting advice. I have available 289.73 GB and 30,22 on disk.
1 Answer from the Community
Go to 10.7.5. As I understand it. Once you are there you can go to 10.11 - El Capitain for free. Like you, I am stuck on 10.6.8 and seems that in order to continue to get upgrades on software i run i need to upgrade.
I am not a professional computer consultant although I have been using Macs for over 25 years.
Be sure to back up your computer to an external hard drive or cloud service before upgrading. Use the time machine application on your computer to do this. It is very self explanitory.
- Answered by Dean H from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…