will Appleworks operate using OS X Lion?
- Asked by fn from Chesterfield
- Flag as inappropriate (will Appleworks operate using OS X Lion?)
3 Answers from the Community
No: AppleWorks is not supported beyond Snow Leopard. See the article "AppleWorks for the modern day, a migration tip" for more details (sorry, can't give a link: Apple doesn't seem to allow links in these answers, even to their own support articles!)
- Answered by Phil G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. Appleworks is a PowerPC application. Lion lacks the PowerPC translator app named Rosetta. I suggest getting the iWork suite, which can handle your Appleworks files.
- Answered by Richard C from Washingtonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Artak M from North Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3