Will this work with a mic for recording vocals?
- Asked by Jennifer S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a mic for recording vocals?)
2 Answers from the Community
Could be wrong but I don't think this interface is intended for vocals/mics.
Generally mics use a different connector and require additional power/preamp'ing to work.
Apogee IS coming out with something (a mic) called MIKE that is intended to direct plug into the iPad, with typical Apogee sound/transfer quality.
I'm planning on getting both and eventually the Symphony I/O mmmmm.
- Answered by Ross T from Eliot
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You'll need an impedance converter. And you'll need to make sure +40dB of gain is enough for your mic. And if the mic is a condenser, which most vocal mics are, you'll need an external phantom power supply.
- Answered by Matthew S from Church Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.
- Asked by Dane D from Fishers
- Jun 23, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
How the mic for recording on laptops using FL?
- Asked by Ray S from Big Lake
- Feb 21, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How the mic for recording on laptops using FL?)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector
No answers yet