Would this be suitable to connect a 1440p monitor to an iMac via HDMI to obtain a 1440p resolution?
1 Answer from the Community
I've just tried it and it failed. I have a late 2012 iMac 27" and I bought a new Benq 27" 1440p monitor to use as a second display. I've tried numerous connections: Mini display port to DVi/HDMI (with 2k-4k HDMI lead and this belkin adapter). According to Apple Support if you're connecting a second monitor above 1080p on a 27" iMac dated BEFORE 2013 - it will not work. You have to buy the VERY EXPENSIVE Dual-Link adapter for $99 US or £99 UK.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive and if it doesn't work I'll have to send the Benq back and if i want a second monitor running at 1440p I'll have to consider buying a new iMac. Deliberate plan from Apple?
- Answered by Stephen H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Can I use this for a connection from a security system to my iMAC as a monitor?
- Asked by Peter B from Fresno
- Oct 2, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this for a connection from a security system to my iMAC as a monitor?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter