Does this case scratch the laptop during installation or after some time on? I worry the friction of day to day use will scratch underneath the cover.
2 Answers from the Community
I've had the clear version on for about 6-8months now, took it off yesterday for a clean. It has left no marks on the body of my computer that I saw. The case fits flush to the body of the laptop, so there shouldn't be any friction between the laptop and case.
However, if there is dust or dirt between the casing and the laptop, it may mark the computer. An Apple salesperson told me to wipe down my laptop with a cloth before I fitted it to make sure that didn't happen.
- Answered by Alexandra B from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As long as the surface is cleaned when the case is put on and checked once a month there shouldn't be a problem.
- Answered by Aaron D from Thurgoona
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What protects the screen from scratchs and damage?
- Asked by Susan H
- Dec 3, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What protects the screen from scratchs and damage?)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 / 7 Silicone Case - (PRODU…
Does this band actually scratch the watch face and sensors as one reviewer has complained?
- Asked by Richard T from Birmingham
- Sep 29, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this band actually scratch the watch face and sensors as one reviewer has complained?)
- Asked about: 42mm Space Black Milanese Loop