Once the base has been plugged in to the router doe it have to stay wired to the router?
I only have so much room and limited number of outlets in the area that the router is set up. It would be nice if I could plug the bridge in to the network to configure and then more it to a different area to manage the lights.
1 Answer from the Community
If you unplug the Bridge from your router, you will not be able to control the lights from the smartphone app. The bridge does not have built in WiFi, it uses the wired network connection. Therefore you would not be able to use Siri or any advanced features. Ideally you would want the bridge to have wired network at all times. There may be an exception if you use a Tap switch, it might be possible to use that offline.
- Answered by George W from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
- Asked by Mitchell H from Sydney
- Nov 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Does the base always have to be plugged in or does it charge them stay powered to move around like a portable charger?
- Asked by Savannah D from Newark
- Sep 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the base always have to be plugged in or does it charge them stay powered to move around like a portable charger?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…
Will this product act as a Router or do I need a separate router to connect with this.
- Asked by James T from Oakland Park
- Oct 29, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product act as a Router or do I need a separate router to connect with this.)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh Wi-F…