HAS ANYONE EVER DROPPED THEIR LAPTOP IN THE CASE? WHAT HAPPENS IF SO? IS IT AS PROTECTIVE AS THE PHONE CASE?
2 Answers from the Community
i actually dropped my laptop the day i put it on from maybe a meter high straight on to tiles
i was in tears i thought i had broken it for sure
but no not a mark on the case and my laptop was fine also completely unscathed
highly highly recommend
- Answered by Caitlin H from Wadalba
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I had the misfortune of actually testing this out a few days ago when I was in the airport and someone jostled me as I took my mac out of my backpack. My laptop went hurtling to the ground and I thought for sure it was broken. I was particularly worried about the screen as the laptop had landed screen-first onto a tiled floor. Much to my surprise, the screen was okay when I opened the laptop to inspect it. Unfortunately, as the laptop fell, the bottom part of the case popped off and flew off, exposing my computer to the mean, hard floor on the bottom left corner. I now have a small dent on that part of the Mac. As I was worried about the internal components of my computer having potentially been damaged I made a Genius appointment while I was on my layover and went into the Apple store the day after I landed. They ran diagnostics on my computer in the store and everything checked out fine! No internal components were damaged, which is really good news for me considering that my Mac took a 4-foot dive onto a tiled floor. All in all, I'm happy with the impact protection the case gave my laptop. Sure, I would've appreciated the bottom part of the case not popping off and leaving my bottom eft corner unprotected, but my Mac escaped with minor injuries and lived to tell the tale... Now I just have to order a replacement cased see if Tech21 will supply one under warranty because my current case is cracked and bent out of shape where it made contact with the floor, so I'm not confident it would handle another drop as effectively as it did this one...
- Answered by Nicole O from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What protection will it give the phone if dropped
- Asked by Todd D from Victor
- Oct 23, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What protection will it give the phone if dropped)
- Asked about: iPhone X Leather Folio - Berry
What is the drop protection distance for this case?
- Asked by Tiffany E from Portland
- Sep 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the drop protection distance for this case?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Mesh Case for iPhone 8/7
Does this case have drop protection? Will the phone shatter upon impact? Does it have a good grip to it?
- Asked by Arlene M from Pittsburgh
- Sep 30, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case have drop protection? Will the phone shatter upon impact? Does it have a good grip to it?)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus Silicone Cas…