How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?
Say if I am watching video while charging on this dock, through the smart connector, is it going to be charging fast enough compared to the battery used to play the video? The lightning port with 12W adapter that comes with the iPad pro package is charging fast enough to outrun the battery burned by video playing. I think if the smart connector can perform equally that is gonna be good.
1 Answer from the Community
I think this depends on the size iPad Pro you have. The 9.7 I'm finding is about 20 mins longer to fully charge from flat, so not much in it at all. It holds a charge easy whilst being used. I have auto brightness on so that would vary. The larger iPad is a different story I have read.
- Answered by Jack L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can we use the macbook 29 watt charger paired with a usb type-c to lightning connector for fast charging
- Asked by Waleed S from Mumbai
- Mar 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use the macbook 29 watt charger paired with a usb type-c to lightning connector for fast charging)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter
What is the point of the Lightning port on the back? Charging?
- Asked by Brian A from Kaysville
- Jun 7, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the point of the Lightning port on the back? Charging?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …