How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?
Say if I am watching video while charging on this dock, through the smart connector, is it going to be charging fast enough compared to the battery used to play the video? The lightning port with 12W adapter that comes with the iPad pro package is charging fast enough to outrun the battery burned by video playing. I think if the smart connector can perform equally that is gonna be good.
1 Answer from the Community
I think this depends on the size iPad Pro you have. The 9.7 I'm finding is about 20 mins longer to fully charge from flat, so not much in it at all. It holds a charge easy whilst being used. I have auto brightness on so that would vary. The larger iPad is a different story I have read.
- Answered by Jack L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this plug into the lightning charging port just for support?
- Asked by Daniel A from Willamina
- 18 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Does this plug into the lightning charging port just for support?
Is it the smart case charge the iPhone wirelessly or is the case connected to the phone then charge via lightning port from the case?
- Asked by Jeremy D from Kuching
- 21 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Is it the smart case charge the iPhone wirelessly or is the case connected to the phone then charge via lightning port from the case?
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?