Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?
- Asked by Timothy H from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?)
4 Answers from the Community
The dock supports one 4K monitor through the Display Port at 60 Hz, but once the computer goes to sleep, your monitor may not resync on wake up. This turns out to be the problem with using this dock with the Dell P2715Q and other 4K monitors. I had the same problem with sync on wake up with two lower resolution monitors.
- Answered by Susan P from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It does support 4k at 60Hz but like other people here say it is not stable when the computer wakes from sleep. Just came of a product support call with belkin and they said the solution was to run the display at a lower resolution...
Based on this stay away from this dock if you plan for using it to connect a display.
I do have a solution I have been using for the last month and all of my display problems have been resolved. I bought a USB-C to DP adapter capable of 4K60Hz and plugged it into the 2nd thunderbolt plug in the back of the dock. Then I moved the display port cable to this adapter and I have not had a problem since (in a month)
- Answered by Ivar H from Baulkham Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is no Mini DP here, it is a full size DP, and it drives 4K@60HZ
- Answered by Mohammed E from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
please be aware that the dock will not drive two of the LG UltraFine 4K display sold by Apple and shown on the web site as a recommended purchase. it will work with one, connected to the second USB-C port on the dock. it will not work with a second monitor connected to the displayport. for the displayport on the dock to work it needs to be connected to a monitor that has a displayport.
- Answered by Eric S from Short Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does this allow you to connect a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro to a 4K Display and get 60Hz refresh rate?
- Asked by Chris O from Amherst
- Jun 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow you to connect a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro to a 4K Display and get 60Hz refresh rate?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
With this adapter on the MacBook 2015, can it output to external monitor to 4K resolution at 60Hz? or will it be only at 30Hz?
- Asked by Alex Y from Basingstoke
- Apr 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (With this adapter on the MacBook 2015, can it output to external monitor to 4K resolution at 60Hz? or will it be only at 30Hz?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter