Does it support ARC (Audio Return Channel)?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, both the receiver and TV must have ARC. Cable must be connected to ARC input on TV, and ARC output enabled in setup menu of the TV. Receiver must have ARC selected as the sound source.
- Answered by Randy C from Canton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. All HDMI cables must support Audio Return Channel functionality when connected to ARC-enabled devices (HDMI 1.4 or later), on the designated ARC port. [from: www.hdmi.org]
- Answered by Alan D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this adapter support multi-channel digital audio out of a 2017 iMac18,3 to be plugged into a surround sound receiver for gaming and movies?
- Asked by Andrew K from Hatboro
- 24 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adapter support multi-channel digital audio out of a 2017 iMac18,3 to be plugged into a surround sound receiver for gaming and movies?
Under "system requirements" it states this adapter "Supports both video and audio output" - however VGA does not support audio so how can this work?