Does this have to be run in a RAID or can you use the 2 drives independently?
Can I use the 2 8TB drives in this be used as independent drives? Say one drive for my files and the other drive as a Time Machine drive? Or can this only be used in a RAID array?
2 Answers from the Community
You can configure it as JBOD, so yes the drives can be used independently.
- Answered by John R from Wyoming
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it has to be RAID configured. 4Tb RAID1 mirrored drive or 8Tb RAID0 stripped drive
- Answered by Robert P from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can you use with ancient ibook running system 9?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- May 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use with ancient ibook running system 9?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter