How do I read files stored from a Mac on a PC?
- Asked by Collados C from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I read files stored from a Mac on a PC?)
1 Answer from the Community
I would connect a drive that can be used by both Mac and PC. Copy the files onto the drive and then plug the drive into the PC to read them.
The drive needs to be formatted so it can be used by both - ExFAT (if files are larger than 4GB) or MS-DOS(FAT) or FAT32 if files are smaller. Some drives come in this format already.
I formatted one drive so most was being used by Time Machine (so Mac only) and than the rest for use by both in case I wanted to copy stuff across.
- Answered by Barbara C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I store mac and pc files here at the same time
- Asked by Liliana C from Laval
- Mar 21, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I store mac and pc files here at the same time)
- Asked about: LaCie 2TB Porsche Design USB-C + US…
will the files from each mac be stored separately
- Asked by Ian H
- Feb 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will the files from each mac be stored separately)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB