I have Verizon fios. Does the Linksys router replace the Verizon router?
- Asked by fn from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Verizon fios. Does the Linksys router replace the Verizon router?)
2 Answers from the Community
Likely not. Your FIOS is a modem, in that it should have a coaxial cable input on the back. The linksys is a router, that is, it pushes wifi out to devices and has no coax input.. I have an Airport Extreme, and connect from my modem to the router via ethernet.
- Answered by Joseph B from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
So can you separate the function of your transport and your router today? At home here I have Xfinity/Comcast. They provide a single device that is both a DOCSIS modem and a router. I can replace the Comcast router only if I also buy or rent a DOCSIS modem. I am moving and will have AT&T when I move. That setup has fiber right into my closet and there I have two devices. In that case I think the connection from the FO modem to my router is a standard gig-ethernet connection. So I think I can replace their router easily assuming I replace it with another GigE device ... otherwise I won't get the throughput I am expecting and paying for. Does that make sense?
- Answered by Eugene S from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use my verizon USB wireless card? (stick)
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Apr 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my verizon USB wireless card? (stick))
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
can I use this to connect a router to my printer
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dec 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this to connect a router to my printer)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Will this product act as a Router or do I need a separate router to connect with this.
- Asked by James T from Oakland Park
- Oct 29, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product act as a Router or do I need a separate router to connect with this.)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Intelligent Mesh Wi-F…