What is the preferred setup for 3D animation and illustration - the iMac Pro or the new MacBook Pro with Black Magic
1 Answer from the Community
You can use eGPU's on either MBP's or iMac Pros, but If you plan on doing GPU intensive tasks the answer sadly is, neither as AMD GPUs are woefully deficient compared to NVIDIA, and most GPU render engines either work better or exclusively on NVIDIA. Having said that, for the same money, you can get the Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080, which has the NVIDIA GTX1080. This card is much more powerful than the one offered in this Black Magic box, or you can get something like Sonnet eGFX Breakaway box for $199, and not only put any GPU you want in there, but have the ability to upgrade easily when the next gen comes out (I don't know how upgradeable the Auros is, but I am all but certain the Black Magic is not at all).
- Answered by Willie F from San Fernando
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I run and Render MAYA on the new Mac book pro?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Oct 11, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I run and Render MAYA on the new Mac book pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can thunderbolt cable be used to migrate data from new macbook pro to new imac ?
- Asked by Bernd K from Groveland
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can thunderbolt cable be used to migrate data from new macbook pro to new imac ?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
how do I setup this device on MacBook Pro high Sierra
- Asked by Luana W from Jamul
- May 22, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I setup this device on MacBook Pro high Sierra)
- Asked about: G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE Mobile Thu…