Can I use a Kodak charger on my 8GB iPod?
Bought an 8GB iPod couple of months ago. Since I didn't get a separate charger I'm charging it with the iPod cable on my PC's USB port. Recently bought a Kodak Z950 camera and it uses a similar charging method. That is, with a USB cable. The Kodak also came with a USB/120v charger with a USB output of 5V @ 1A. Question:can I use the Kodak charger on my iPod?
Similarly, what is the power requirement to charge the iPod?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Kodak charger on my 8GB iPod?)
2 Answers from the Community
I realize this is like 8 years old... But I say yes. Theres no reason you can't use a 5V usb wall power adapter. It's handy if you want to charge your iPod and aren't near your computer. Naturally apple brand USB adapters are the safest option but brand name over generic is always better.
- Answered by Julie-anne M from Paradise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It not a "Smart" Socket so it willl not work, if you buy an apple device it will work and charge your camera. Their is a handshake that happens with an ipod. It makes the device work cool like bringing up itunes when you plug your itouch in, but no it will not work.
- Answered by William K from Olympia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the iPod Shuffle come with the charger?
- Asked by Brian D from Georgetown
- Dec 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPod Shuffle come with the charger?)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable