How can I connect 2 external displays to macbook air. I can connect 1 via the thunderbolt but need similar arrangements for the 2nd.
My external display is HP Elite Display E231 and has VGA, DVI and HDMI ports
3 Answers from the Community
You can only hook up one display on MacBook Airs. Alternatively, you can get third party USB graphics card that will support a second display, but you will run into issues. MacBook Pros (13 and 15) support 2 or more displays.
- Answered by Tony O from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am able to connect my macbook 12 inch to 2 external monitors, one with HDMI port and the other using wifi on an Apple TV. I run into small kinks in my system like the wifi based monitor has a small, sometimes unnoticeable lag, where as the monitor using HDMI runs flawlessly.
I run both external monitors as separate displays.
- Answered by Cory P P from Bismarck
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have 2 monitors connected to my MacBook Air, therefore I am working off of 3 monitors. I am able to use DisplayLink for the 2nd monitor hookup. DisplayLink has a new install for OS systems that allows the additional monitor so that the monitor operates independently and not as a mirror image. I prefer working with 2 large monitors & the MacBook Screen.
- Answered by Jody K from Buzzards Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I connect a Thunderbolt 1 hard drive to the display (and therefore to my 2017 Macbook) via the apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 dongle?
- Asked by Cortney F P from Summerfield
- Jun 26, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a Thunderbolt 1 hard drive to the display (and therefore to my 2017 Macbook) via the apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 dongle?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Can this adapter be daisy chained to my computer via a thunderbolt external hard drive?
- Asked by Mark W from San Francisco
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be daisy chained to my computer via a thunderbolt external hard drive?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Will this connect the Thunderbolt Display to the new MacBook?
- Asked by Isaac S from Hilton Head
- Apr 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this connect the Thunderbolt Display to the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter