Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???
I have just purchased a Mac Pro 8 core 2.66 for video, websites and graphic design. I currently have two perfectly good Samsung P2250 22-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color monitors. I would like to set up a dual monitor system. Is this the part I need to achieve this?
1 Answer from the Community
No. That is for display's 30 inches or larger. The Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter is what you are looking for. Keep in mind on that particular Samsung there is a feature called Multi-screen, which is like screen inside a screen allowing different views on for Windows users it was exciting to have 2 views, for Mac users it's called Spaces & we aren't limited to 2; so it's not a big thing. However, if you're desperate to go retro with those monitors and run the Multi-view, you will have to do it in Windows. Otherwise, enjoy your awesome system (I have major system envy) with dual screens using those adapters and spaces if need be :-)
- Answered by Shawna H from Cedar Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to set up dual monitor?
- Asked by Zhanwen C from Poughkeepsie
- Dec 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How to set up dual monitor?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Oct 13, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
I have the latest MacBook Pro - Can I buy two and use them in tandem as a dual monitor set? Do the monitors daisy chain?
- Asked by Ryan B from New Gloucester
- Feb 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the latest MacBook Pro - Can I buy two and use them in tandem as a dual monitor set? Do the monitors daisy chain?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display