what cable do I require to connect my unibody macbook pro to my 30 inch apple display

also the 30 inch display needs a 400 fire wire connection and usb, the usb is no problem and presumably I can get a 400 to 800 fire wire adapter but how do i run the fire wire to my audio unit/hard drives?

Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

Back To Product

Follow this Question

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    You'll need the Mini-DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. It is scarily expensive (i.e $99 or around 65 pounds sterling) but should work although I'd hold off until the problems with the DisplayPort adapters get fixed. For now I'd say buy the Mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter which is cheaper but will not give you your full set of resolutions. The FireWire will work fine as the FireWire 800 to 400 adapter will make your MacBook's FireWire port act as if it was a regular FireWire 400 port.

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    2 of 2 people found this useful

Related Questions