Can I use an airport express as a bridge/repeater of an existing wi-fi network. The root bridge is a linksys.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. if you connect it via the wired ethernet port to your router then it will act as a bridge/repeater offering you a further access point to choose from. Depending on where in the house I am, the signal strengths between my Netgear Router and the Airport Express differ so I connect to the strongest one. I bought the Express primarily to stream music wireless from my iTunes library but it also served as a bridge / repeater as a second benefit.
- Answered by Azim A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my Airport Express to the Linksys network?
- Asked by Paul B from Ventura
- Apr 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Express to the Linksys network?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
I already have a wi-fi network, can I use the Time Capsule as storage alone?
- Asked by Brandon K from Pewaukee
- Oct 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I already have a wi-fi network, can I use the Time Capsule as storage alone?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB