If I have a macbook with german power supply cable, can I purchase a power supply cable at apple.com or do I need an external power convert?

Is it possible to use my german macbook in the US with just replace the power supply cable?

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro)

Back To Product

Follow this Question

2 Answers from the Community

  • Assuming the question is asked by a UK resident: Germany uses 230 Vac (for the power line) but U.K. uses 240 Vac. Also the plug types are different between Germany and U.K. The difference in the power line voltage will have no negative effect on the function of the power adapter, itself. It will function equally effective in both territories. Only you need to change (convert) the mechanical plugs.

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    0 of 0 people found this useful

  • Germany and the UK both use 230V power, so all you need to do is convert the plug.

    Was this useful? Answer 2

    5 of 10 people found this useful

Related Questions