Can you use the tethering feature on the iPhone to connect an iPad to the internet?
If I have a WiFi-only iPad, can I use my iPhone to tether to the internet using the Camera Connector kit?
2 Answers from the Community
No. There is no means to connect the iPad to the iPhone for tethering. Of the two supported options for iPhone tethering, USB and Bluetooth, the iPad only has the built-in hardware for Bluetooth. The iPad camera kit's USB is not designed to be used for this purpose. However, the iPad doesn't have any documented support for using Bluetooth modems, which is the Bluetooth mode when tethering to a computer with iPhone.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The short answer is no. I have a mobile WiFi hotspot from Clear(wire) and the iPad wirelessly connects to that so that I have internet everywhere (where Clear has a presence).
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I USB Tether to my Computer with the Iphone 5 to make internet connection?
- Asked by Melinda A from West Palm Beach
- Sep 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I USB Tether to my Computer with the Iphone 5 to make internet connection?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Could you use this cable to tether another device?
- Asked by Andrew D from Monterey Park
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you use this cable to tether another device?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter