will ipad connect to tv
can I connect my Ipad to my tv?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (will ipad connect to tv)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, I just did this with my iPad, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 2G via the special cable, which was the 30 pin dock on one side to component video, stereo audio plus USB connector on the other side. I have a Samsung 40 inch LCD TV which has a USB port, call Wiselink, I think, and this actually charged my devices while using as well.
BUT!!!!! It did not display everything I saw on my native screen, but rather select apps. What worked for me: Youtube videos, Netflix movies and photo/video slideshow. Some apps support external video, some do not.
Bottom line: if you have specific needs, look into whether that app is compatible or not first, and save yourself the disappointment if it does not work.
I believe that cable comes in two varieties: dock connector to component video ( 3 individual colors, high res video) and composite video (RCA style connector, lower res video.)
With all iPad CAN do, limited functionality in certain areas is not a dealbreaker for me. It is a great device that runs so much wonderful and affordable content by way of the app store.
BTW, this question does not pertain to the iPad camera connection kit, as you would need the video cable to accomplish this particular task.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?
- Asked by Tandeka G from Boston
- Jul 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Can I connect a television feed to the iMac to use the monitor as a TV? HD too? If so which accessories would I need?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Nov 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a television feed to the iMac to use the monitor as a TV? HD too? If so which accessories would I need?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Which adapter is the least costly and can be used to connect my iPhone 6s to my hdmi television
- Asked by Leroy F from Kings Mountain
- Jan 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Which adapter is the least costly and can be used to connect my iPhone 6s to my hdmi television)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …