Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?
1 Answer from the Community
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
- Answered by Matthew M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hi. Would this adapter allow me to connect a Garmin head unit to download excercise data? Cheers, Martin.
- Asked by Martin T from Meadow Springs
- Mar 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi. Would this adapter allow me to connect a Garmin head unit to download excercise data? Cheers, Martin.)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Could this be used to upload data from a garmin 510 to garmin connect via the 9.7" iPad
- Asked by Mike D from Bentonville
- Mar 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this be used to upload data from a garmin 510 to garmin connect via the 9.7" iPad)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad
- Asked by Dave H
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my garmin edge 705 to iPad)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet