could it give more then 100BASE-T performance because of usb3 in mb air 2012?
1 Answer from the Community
No, I'm afraid not.
The device itself is only designed to work with USB 2.0 and 10/100 BASE-T. It will work in your USB 3 port, but will not give any higher speed than 10/100. This product was last updated before USB 3 was even released (2010) so, Apple haven't really optimised it for USB 3.
If you need Gigabit Ethernet, I suggest you purchase the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter, which is the same price as this product.
- Answered by Steven A from Merrimac
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it work with a 2012 Porsche Cayman S with PCM?
- Asked by Christopher S from Duxbury
- Jan 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with a 2012 Porsche Cayman S with PCM?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Can this remote me paired with my 2012 Macbook Air?
- Asked by Carl B
- Mar 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this remote me paired with my 2012 Macbook Air?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Poor performance on older generation Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Andrew M from Los Angeles
- Mar 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Poor performance on older generation Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display