Can I use the component av cable to connect my ipad to my tv and watch live tv on my ipad
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the component av cable to connect my ipad to my tv and watch live tv on my ipad)
3 Answers from the Community
You won't be able to use the Composite or Component AV cable to watch TV on your iPad.
The both the component and composite cable can be used to watch movies from your iPhone, iPod or iPad on a TV with matching inputs, but they will not go in the opposite direction.
You might try using your PC or MAC TV tuner (such as an Elgato EyeTV) and converting the video onto an iPad viewable format and transferring it to your iPad via iTunes, or purchase or rent the show directly from iTunes directly from your iPad.
I hope this helps.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Trevor H from Fayston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What cable is needed to connect a new 13 inch macbook pro to an insignia television?
- Asked by Katrina V from Doral
- Jul 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable is needed to connect a new 13 inch macbook pro to an insignia television?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter