Can I use this to connect 2007 Imac to 2010 Imac both use FW800
Can I use Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to connect for a download from Imac 2007 to mid 2010 Imac (11.2) both have FW 800 Or is there a better connector
- Asked by Jbackartyahoo.com D from Barryville
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this to connect 2007 Imac to 2010 Imac both use FW800
1 Answer from the Community
No. Neither iMacs have Thunderbolt, therefore you cannot connect Thunderbolt devices such as this adapter to either iMac. The first iMac with Thunderbolt is Mid 2011 - iMac12,1. Both iMacs (iMac7,1 and iMac11,2) already have FireWire 800. Therefore, just connect both iMacs with a FireWire 800 cable. Boot one of them into "Target Disk Mode". Then transfer files. This is especially useful if one of the computers cannot be booted. If both computers are bootable, then you can connect them via Ethernet cable and use normal network file sharing. I can't find technical specifications for the 2007 iMac (iMac7,1) on the Apple website. Wikipedia is a better source for comparing models.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use this cable to connect mac pro 2009 with invade cuda 4k with iMac 2010 and use iMac as display target
Target Disk - can this cable be used to connect an older iMac to a Macbook Air to use the iMac as a target disk?
- Asked by Jillian S from Browns Summit
- 23 Jul 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Target Disk - can this cable be used to connect an older iMac to a Macbook Air to use the iMac as a target disk?
can i use this cable to connect my window pc output to imac.
- Asked by Festus L
- 22 Mar 2018
- Flag as inappropriate can i use this cable to connect my window pc output to imac.