Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
3 Answers from the Community
Like the other anwser said: the adapter can provide 7W of power. The Fire standard (IEEE 1394) says that the max output is 30 V @ 1.5 amps so 45W. Seeing the size of your device and its complexity, there is a good chance it will require more than 7W of power and the provided adapter is 12V @ 1 amp so 12W (although an adapter is rarely used at full capacity). Unless they completely oversized their power adapter, you may need to plug it in.
This adapter looks much more built to access FireWire external harddrives that are either self powered of portable and thus less power hungry.
Let us know the results when you can!
- Answered by Felix A from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The description says it supplies up to 7W of power to bus power devices so as long as you sound card doesn't pull more than that you should be ok.
- Answered by Paul M from Milan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes it will.
I am currently doing this with my Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 2.8Ghz. Works like a charm.
- Answered by Shakka P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will the 3.5mm port have enough power to run headphones?
- Asked by Brian E from Menomonee Falls
- 20 May 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 3.5mm port have enough power to run headphones?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- 10 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 27 Feb 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter