Does the Micro USB cable that goes into the Lightning to Micro USB Adapter need an authentication chip?
As we all know Apple have added a chip to the cables so that onlygenuine Apple cables will work when charging. I wanted origionally a coloured 3m cable but only 3rd part suppliers use them which don't have the chip.
This adapter allows micro USB ones to be used but do those cables need one of those authentication chips in?
All I want is to buy a funky looking 3m coloured cable for my mum which Apple do no offer in their range however I could buy if there was no chip.
If I get this adapter can I then buy a coloured 3m Micro Usb to USB cable and it will still work?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the authentication is within this adapter and therefore will work with any micro usb cable.
- Answered by Thomas P from Wooloowin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Where can I purchase a micro usb-b (usb 2.0) to lightning cable to charge an iPhone from the Osmo 2 Mobile? The manual says this is possible.
- Asked by Molly D from Charleston
- Feb 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I purchase a micro usb-b (usb 2.0) to lightning cable to charge an iPhone from the Osmo 2 Mobile? The manual says this is possible.)
- Asked about: DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Gimbal for iPhone
Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?
- Asked by Milton N from Silver Spring
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)