For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
1 Answer from the Community
Lightning Digital AV adapter is signal output only.
Digital audio and video from iPhone / iPad are transmitted from lightning connector towards the HDMI connector.
- Answered by Gerd H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning)
- Asked by Blake N from Marseilles
- 29 May 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning))
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold
Will the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter accept input from a USB microphone, such as the Rode NT-USB, on an Ipad Pro with USB-C input?
- Asked by Lawrence M from Boulder
- 22 May 2020
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter accept input from a USB microphone, such as the Rode NT-USB, on an Ipad Pro with USB-C input?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter