Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
1 Answer from the Community
No, you can't sorry! the minidisplayport looks like thunderbolt but is not thunderbolt, I would suggest getting a firewire or usb cable to transfer.
- Answered by Sam R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I need to connect a MacBook Pro 15 inch (2009) to a Dell 2408 flat panel. Which adapter and cable?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxx
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to connect a MacBook Pro 15 inch (2009) to a Dell 2408 flat panel. Which adapter and cable?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
can I use 2008 iMac with firewire as display for macbook pro with thunderbolt
- Asked by Mike B from Milpitas
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use 2008 iMac with firewire as display for macbook pro with thunderbolt)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…