Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014
Not sure if possible, is it possible to use my iMac Late 2009 as a second display for the iMac late 2014 build.
The old iMac has a Mini display port and the new iMac has only thunderbolt connections?
I am confused after reading apples FAQ's
Appreciate any help, thank you
- Asked by fn from Eastbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Use iMac late 2009 as a second display connected to iMac late 2014)
1 Answer from the Community
Actually contrary to the 2 previous answers, the late 2009 21.5" iMac does not support TDM. I have attempted to make this work with computers that I own and it does not support. The closest thing you can do is use finder to locate shared computers. There is an option to screen share. This is just a mirrored display and not an extended display so if both computers are in the same room it really serves no purpose.
The only iMacs that support TDM are shown here:
iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
iMac (Mid 2011-Mid 2014)
- Answered by Jason O from Mansfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I want to use an Apple Cinema display (2010) as a second monitor to my iMAC (late 2009). Is this the right adapter?
- Asked by H M C S
- Dec 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use an Apple Cinema display (2010) as a second monitor to my iMAC (late 2009). Is this the right adapter?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can the late 2012 iMac be used as a monitor with this?
- Asked by Ly T
- Mar 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the late 2012 iMac be used as a monitor with this?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …