Does the Airport Extreme work on rooms that normally don't receive wifi? I have a room in the basement that does't receive wifi, could it work?
The room has an electricity box but we have a tv with cable. Wifi reaches in every place in the basement except that room.
1 Answer from the Community
There are many factors regarding your issue such as "how far is your router?" and "are there many obstructions between the router and your basement?".
Based on my testing however, I got much improved range when as compared to my old Airport Express 5th gen(which was no slouch).
I recommend you try it out first as i have a feeling that this router will work out for you. If not, then consider adding an airport express to extend the network to your basement.
- Answered by Eron S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use AirPort Extreme as router to connect to modem, and Time Capsule in different room for back-up and to extend wifi signal?
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- Oct 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Extreme as router to connect to modem, and Time Capsule in different room for back-up and to extend wifi signal?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Will these work in a house with internal concrete walls?
- Asked by John B from Blackburn
- May 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these work in a house with internal concrete walls?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
Does this work for large rooms?
- Asked by Michael S from Riverview
- Jan 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work for large rooms?)
- Asked about: Pioneer Rayz Rally Lightning-Powere…