If I use a network cable to connect an Airport Express to the LAN port of the Airport Extreme will they be on the same WiFi network?
I want to have two areas of my house be on the same WiFi network, but they are probably too far apart to just extend the WiFi network wirelessly. I want to run a network cable from the Extreme to an Express. Does this work? Would they be on the same network or would I need to set them up as two different networks with different names?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes that will work. I do the same with multiple Airport bases (Express and Extreme). They are all connected with ethernet. When adding the second (and third and fourth), just select "extend" and it will make all the settings for you. Takes five minutes at most.
- Answered by Michael W from Lansdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my Airport Express to the Linksys network?
- Asked by Paul B from Ventura
- Apr 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Express to the Linksys network?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
Extending a wifi-network with TC
- Asked by Marla R from Essex
- Nov 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB