Will the new 802.11ac AirPort Extreme provide faster WiFi speeds for 802.11n Apple products (like iPhone5, MacBook Pro)?
1 Answer from the Community
"N" devices will not be able to support "AC" standard of wifi unless you are able to change the wireless card(not possible on iPhone and not currently available for Macbook pro).
However, the extreme uses six antennas to broadcast its wifi signal, meaning that the strength of the signal will be noticeably stronger and most likely going to be faster on any band(be it A, B , G , N or AC).
- Answered by Eron S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
new 2017 pro connect cords to 2011 time machine
- Asked by Melissa L from Monticello
- Nov 7, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (new 2017 pro connect cords to 2011 time machine)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…
No answers yet
Will this work with an iPhone 5s with the new leather case on?
- Asked by Andrew B
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an iPhone 5s with the new leather case on?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter